Friday, February 15, 2008

Reason Number 573...

...to hold off opening all Christmas presents at Christmas. The boys are off the couch today and already getting restless. My godmother gave us a giant bag 'o presents that I've had off in a corner waiting. And today was the day! This is HRH's really cool bumper car/maze. It even has two separate play surfaces and two bumper cars so when the boys start bumping each other, we just take down the little bridge connecting the two.

On the cough medicine front, I'm giving up on the Delsym. I didn't find the results to be overwhelming or at least worthwhile enough to justify the side-effects. Both boys had nightmares two nights in a row, which is a little too close for coincidence. I already have to contend with the bug keeping them awake, they don't need to have what rest they get interrupted by bad dreams.

I'm going with the tried and true; fluids, rest, time, and some very judiciously allocated medication (see Tylenol and Benadryl).

4 comments:

Phoenix said...

Dude, beware the plague. :)

I would never have thought to hang onto presents for a rainy (sick)day. What a cool idea.

Suburban Correspondent said...

Codeine, codeine, codeine....

Life As I Know It said...

Wow. Great idea to hold off on gift opening.

I usually put toys away after they are opened on Christmas and bring them back out when we are in our middle-of-the-winter-slump.

Anonymous said...

I do that too. It's going to suck when the kids are older and the gig is up. Those look like cool toys.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs