Monday, February 11, 2008

Game Called on Account Of...

So we've been looking to sign HRH up for tee-ball this spring and I finally got a lead on a website for our town. Unfortunately, their sign-ups had already taken place but the site listed the name and number of "Fred", who runs our town's little league. I called on Saturday and left a message.

We received a phone call yesterday afternoon and I recognized the name on caller ID. It wasn't Fred but his WIDOW, returning the call. She was audibly attempting to collect herself, stating in a tremulous voice that Freddy had just passed away a few weeks ago but she would be happy to give me another name and number. I of course apologized profusely for her loss and for bothering her. She was extremely gracious and agreed I could not have known. Nonetheless, my size 7 1/2's sure did taste great.

So today, I called the "new guy" and mentioned that they'd probably want to make sure to update the site immediately. His response? Uh, yeah, there's a lot of stuff we need to update on the site.

Dude, you wanna make this one a priority? Not for me (or any other unsuspecting parent not in the mood to feel like a total ass) but for poor Mrs. Freddy.

Ugh.

4 comments:

Life As I Know It said...

Oh, how awful! I can't even imagine!
Um, and yeah, they probably should update that website...

Suburban Correspondent said...

A friend of mine had some plumbing work done, and a few months later something went terribly wrong with it. So she called up the plumber's number, whose wife answered, and my friend started complaining on and on about her plumbing problems.

Do you see where this is going? The wife was very nice about explaining that a dead man simply cannot get right over there and fix things...

~Swankymama said...

OMG!! That was nice of Mrs. Freddy to call you back to let you know. How awful!! BTW, T-ball is a riot with the little guys. You will love it. IF you can find a team, that is. :o)

JCK said...

Oh, that is horrible. It was so gracious of her to call you back.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs