Sunday, February 15, 2009

You Might Be a Mommy...



If you've ever sat on the toilet with someone on your lap, you might be a mommy.

If you've said words like "mucus plug", "episiotomy", and "latching on" to a male co-worker, you might be a mommy.

If you've gone to work with vomit on your shoulder and wondering if that poop smell is coming from your clothes, you might be a mommy.

If you've made brownies at 6:30 am on a school day, you might be a mommy.

If you've looked at the clock to decide if 11:00 am is too early for a glass of wine, you might be a mommy.

If you've sat on the edge of a tub for hours on end reading Richard Scarry, Dr. Seuss, and Guess How Much I Love You to a child on a potty, you might be a mommy.

If you've accidentally addressed the man in your life as "Daddy" at incredibly inappropriate times, you might be a mommy.

If your idea of "alone time" is a trip to the dentist, you might be a mommy.

If you're completely comfortable with discussing your entire birth story over a meal, you might be a mommy.

If you've gone more than three days without showering, you might be a mommy.

If you've learned to sleep while occupying less than 5% of a queen-sized bed, you might be a mommy.

If you've eaten mac 'n cheese and dinosaur chicken for dinner, you might be a mommy.

If you frequently use the phrase "two more bites...", you might be a mommy.

If you've made phone calls to your mother/sister/husband to celebrate a successful bowel movement of a child, you might be a mommy.

*If you've received this phone call, you're an Auntie.


If you know what 'having your heart walk around outside your body' means, you are a mommy.

What makes you a mommy?

20 comments:

natasha the exile on Mom Street said...

Saying things like, "We don't put trucks down our pants!"

Makes me a mommy.

Stimey said...

Not being bothered by crying children in restaurants or airplanes because "Thank God it's not mine!"

Anonymous said...

Still thinking my baby is sweet when he's blowing chunks on my shirt and breathing his germy little breath in my face.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

If you've trusted your very life to someone on their first day behind the wheel of a car, you might be a mommy (with more gray hours than you previously had).

Manic Mommy said...

This just in: "Don't put that booger back in your nose! Get a tissue!"

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love that picture. Just beautiful.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

I love your list!
Also, putting your kids needs, wants, desires ahead of your own.

Anonymous said...

I might be a mommy if I gave birth to a very clever blogger named Manic Mommy!
Wearing my heart on the outside and my pride like a badge of honor.
Love, manic gram!

Anonymous said...

If you've ever caught vomit with your bare hands... you might be a mommy.

Awesome list!

Jennifer S said...

If you've ever kissed your son's finger when he held it up to you for examination, thinking he had a boo boo? And then heard him say "No, Mommy, smell it!"...you might be a mommy.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I think I've done all of these in the past week... Well, maybe not the one about kid food. I've just never been able to go there. I'll starve before I touch processed meat or powdered cheese.

But here's one for me. If you've ever spent more money on your child's fall wardrobe than your own clothes for the entire year. And you get double mom points if you purchase everything at Target.

anymommy said...

Are there bonus points if you've done them all.

If you've wiped three butts in an hour besides your own...you're either a mommy or a nurse!

~Swankymama said...

"If you've looked at the clock to decide if 11:00 am is too early for a glass of wine, you might be a mommy."

LOL today it wasn't too early for me.

Hope to talk soon when I climb out from under the covers. :o) xoxo

KC said...

I am definitely a mommy by this list. Yes, I think every single one.

You two look like movie stars in that picture. Was that a set? You did not just go through labor.

I would also add catching poop in your bare hands. Liquid poop.

How about having a baby barf in your open mouth? TMI?

Sarahviz said...

If you say "No whining - use your words!" no less than 4,000 times a day...

Susan said...

I could have written your list word for word with one addition:
You let your child pretend to wipe you because it's good practice for future toilet training.

Angela said...

What a cute blog you have! Let's see...what makes me a mommy...I would say when I am singing those crazy songs in crazy voices in public, yet forget that I'm in public. LOL

Anonymous said...

Sweet, I love your blog!

They are both napping right now and I have 8,000 other things to do, you should be honored!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome...I do have to say I have never called my husband "daddy," but it has taken a HUGE amount of self control. My parents called each other "mommy" and "daddy" and it always creeped me out, so I vowed I'd never do it.

Elisa said...

yeap I think i have done half of the things on your list.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs