Monday, November 24, 2008

Manic Mommy Goes to Step Aerobics...

Damn it. Five minutes late. Maybe I'll just do the machines. Nah. Just go in.

Oh great. Only space left located behind the column. Just as well, I don't like to cause a fuss. Heh.

Out of step and out of breath. Already.

OMG. If the instructor's ass jiggles, what must I look like?

What was I thinking trying to do football drills after birthing two babies?

Back from Ladies Room. Much better.

It's 9:20. Maybe I'll leave at 9:30.

Shit. I've already finished my water.

Jeez. Someone in here really smells bad.

OMG. I hope it's not me.

Probably not me.

I'm hungry. Wish I'd eaten something.

Nah. I would have thrown it up by now.

Why does the instructor keep coming over by me?

Wrong foot (again).

Maybe that's why.

Oh, I remember this from when I used to take Step back in the 90s...in my 20s.

That woman in the back is taking her pulse. Is she having a heart attack?

God, all I need is the white man's overbite and I'll look like Billy Crystal at a wedding.
I was dancing at the wedding Saturday night. Does that count as exercise?
Nah. Probably just offsets the food and drinking.
Those stuffed mushrooms were delicious.

Heh. The girl with the tattoos is finally out of step.

Wow. Marilyn's only lifting one weight at a time. Maybe I'm in better shape than I thought.

Damn. She's got the eight pounders.

Oh! Abba! Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeeeeen.

My lungs are burning.

Maybe I'll stay for my regular yoga class after this.

Need to take a little rest or I'm gonna die.

Probably not staying for yoga.

I feel so bad for Jen having to be behind me.

I wonder if I'll get better if I come every week.

Thank God. It's 9:50. We're almost done.

I'm gonna make it.

What? We're doing crunches now?

Crunches? Dude.

I...am...so...DONE...

14 comments:

Jen said...

LMOA! So you're going back next week, right?

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Nice to know other people think the same way that I do. I think I have taken a total of 2 aerobics classes ever!

anymommy said...

This is pretty much a list of reasons why I don't go to these classes any more. Well, that and I'd have to go after bedtime and that is my sit on my ass and eat bad things time, never, ever to be confused with my exercise time.

Sarahviz said...

That would totally be my inner monologue too!

~Swankymama said...

I. Hate. Step.

Would rather do anything but that. You are a trooper!!!!!

Ellyn said...

This is why I skip the classes and go for the treadmill. Of course I also still have the big jiggly baby butt and thighs and tummy too. Probably should go to the classes.

Mrs. G. said...

Your comment today made my day. Best one in forever! I'm working on my bat signal as we speak.

Happy Turkey Day!

262mom said...

I am so over some of the routines. I hate step, bouncing, and lunges. I stand in the back and make up my own shit. Works for me.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

At least you were there.

Anonymous said...

LOL! You are hilarious.

Vodka Mom said...

you've just inspired me! (And made me laugh) Thanks!!

KC said...

You know I used to teach step aerobics, right? Back when I was insane.

JCK said...

Too funny, girl!

Yes, I was doing those step classes in my 20s, too. Can't do it anymore. It's the yoga that I've got to get into a routine with. I love it. Just have to take the time.

Dysd Housewife said...

Oh gawd. *That* was funny.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs