7. My new red peep toe pumps. They are sexy and pretty and fun and they give me attitude. I bought them to go out to dinner for our anniversary. I wore a great black and white dress, these shoes, and carried an absolutely adorable red clutch. I either looked very trendy or like a prostitute.
5. Asparagus with goat cheese. I bastardized a recipe I found in some magazine and came up with the following. It is delicious with grilled filet mignon and baked potato.
Pencil Thin Asparagus
Crumbled Goat Cheese
Coating of Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Toss all in a Ziploc to mix well
Place in a glass baking pan in a single layer
Bake in a 425 oven for about 15 minutes
4. My new wall color: It's sort of a brick red/wine red with a little less purple. I love it. I bought a new rug that's too small but the perfect colors and Andy hung the flat screen TV on the wall today. For the first time in five years, I almost have a real, decorated room!
My remaining three faves are part of a very important and long-standing end of summer tradition of which I first partook in 1997. This year I celebrate my 10 year anniversary.
3. Corona Lite: Anyone who knows me knows I've always been more of a wine girl than a beer drinker. Not this summer. I LOVE these. They're light, they're refreshing, and you can't beat them with thick wedge of lime thumbed down the neck of the bottle.
2. My brother's gumbo. I cook because we need to eat. My brother cooks because he loves it and because the ability to cook is passed down through the Y chromosome in my family. His gumbo d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s - so good it makes your mouth water even as your eyes water. This is the spicy food that put me into labor with my two year old. Really.
1. If the gumbo link worked, you may have guessed my number one. It's that time of year again Parrotheads: we're headed for the Labor Day Weekend Show with Jimmy Buffett! We show up to the parking lot around 10:00 am for the 8:00 pm show. It's a 18 hour vacation in Margaritaville. I can't wait!