- Living alone for five years. You really get to be best friends with your roommate. Actually, the next three are variations of a theme.
- My apartment. Four sunny, big rooms in a great college area, in a house owned by an elderly couple much more interested in a good tenant than a good rent. Hey! That's me! I paid $450.00 a month -- including heat (for anyone reading this outside of the Northeast, this. is. unheard-of.) .
- Having a bathroom all to myself - and never shutting the door.
- Wherever I left something, that's where it was when I went looking for it.
- Buying a brand new car without consulting anyone because I knew more about the subject than any of the men in my life at the time.
- Having the time to read a lot and take classes because the topics interested me.
- Spending far too much money on clothes or shoes, all for me.
- Sleeping 12 hours a night (or sometimes four, if I was having fun).
- Traveling so much for work that I saw some great places but none I liked enough to leave where I grew up.
- Meeting Andy and falling in love.
Candy Loaded Campfire Brownies
9 hours ago