Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Meet The Parents

In the dream, my MIL, SIL, assorted other family members, and I are setting a banquet table outside in my MIL's yard. We're preparing to welcome home Andy's dad from Iraq and we're serving pancakes. In the dream, I remember thinking how wonderful it was to observe my MIL as part of a couple as the entire time I've known her, she's been a single.

So that family party goes on. I've got an image of a light shade of green. It may be the tablecloth. I guess I do dream in color. My FIL approaches me and asks me why I've been so stand-offish. I answer that I find it odd that I know (insert recently deceased older cousin's name here) better than I know him. He says that he'd really like to change that if I'm up to it. I smile and say I'd like that.

Andy's dad died when Andy was 11. He's told me that whenever he's had a major life decision to make, he dreams of arguing about it with his father. I really like that my father-in-law paid me a visit. I think that after 7 1/2 years of marriage and two children, he's given me his blessing. And I really would have liked to know him.

1 comment:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Aaack - but you freaked me out.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs