The rules are as follows: (1)Link to the person that tagged you. (2)Post the rules on your blog. (3)Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. (4)Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. (5)Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website. [I feel like there should be six rules].
1. Anthropomorphism in cartoons fascinates me. Why does Diego rescue animals, yet Boots' father is an architect? The Berenstain Bears have a pet dog - how does that work?
2. I am a space geek. I can recite every word in Apollo 13 and have the From the Earth to the Moon Box Set. In college, I took Astronomy I and II for my Physics requirement. I will watch any space documentary on The History Channel, The Science Channel, NOVA, The Discovery Channel, etc.
3. I love disaster movies. My all time favorite is The Towering Inferno but also love Independence Day. I saw both Dante's Peak and Volcano at the movies.
5. I have a freakish memory for trivia. So much so that I am teaming with my 12 and 8 year old nieces in a competition at their school during Catholic Schools Week. I guess we'll see if I really am smarter than a 5th grader.
6. I used to be very organized. I still try with varying degrees of success. I have most of the boys' toys in 12x12 bins from Target. Each with printed labels with a picture of the item(s) and their name (e.g., Fisher Price Little People) afixed to the outside. Don't be impressed, it doesn't work.
Now to share the horror. I am tagging Denise at real. life. ramblings. because I think she and I were separated at birth. I'm tagging Merlot Mom because I think she and I could sit down and have a glass of wine together. I'm tagging Jen because I've had many, many glasses of wine with her. Helena gets it because I envy her creativity and her taste in wine. I'm sending this to Sarah at In the Trenches of Mommyhood because it's fun to think we might actually meet over a glass of wine when Bossy comes to town on her roadtrip. And last, I tag Bossy because she is my idol and because if I'm going to assume her identity one day, I need to know the minutia too. I will buy her the wine.