Friday, July 31, 2009

Flashback Friday

1581884212_57276dd550_o

I wrote this last August after a full summer of gym-skipping and weight gain. Last weekend, it was brought back into sharp relief when I arrived at BlogHer weighing nearly 10 pounds more than I did at the beginning of the summer. Who the eff gains weight to meet people they're hoping to impress? Me! The same person who should be working to increase her readership thanks to wonderful contacts made at aforementioned BlogHer and instead posts a repeat!

Thanks, PMS/peri-menopause/metabolism freak-out/stress-eating/empty alcohol caloric intake/total lack of exercise. And of course, my children. And now, we at SJAMM proudly present...


You Can't Go Om Again...



Dick Clark:
Welcome to $25,000 Pyramid! Let's play our game!


Joan Van Ark:
Babysitting
Day Camp
Family Time
Hangover
Playdates
Running of the Brides
Swimming Lessons
Vacation
Weekend Get-Away
Yoganatrix

Brett Sommers:
Reasons why Christine hasn't been to yoga in over a month?

Bell:
Ding! Ding! Ding!


Gavin McLeod:
Loss of Flexibility
Loss of Muscletone
Neck Pain
Return of Cellulite
Stressed Out
Weight Gain

Charles Nelson Reilly:
Results of Christine's absence from yoga?

Bell:
Ding! Ding! Ding!


Paul Lynde:
Glad to Be Back
Out of Shape
Stiff
Tired
Uncoordinated

Whoopie Goldberg:
How Christine felt to be back in yoga today?

Bell:
Ding! Ding! Ding!


Dick Clark:
Christine wins three months of yoga at her gym to get back to where she was in June!

Thank you all for playing our game!


Namaste.

11 comments:

Angela said...

Now this is the kind of thing that I needed to read 2 months before TypeAMomCon.

*packs bag for the gym*

natasha the exile on Mom Street said...

I've been exercising and eating right and GAINING weight.

Damn wine.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I'm liking the free yoga for playing...

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Damn summer and all it's fun.

merlotmom said...

You and I need to work together on increasing our readers. I'm as bad as you. And...I miss me my yoga, too. Oh, and the weight thing...easy. Just stop eating and drinking. You'll shed the pounds in no time. You can thank me later.

Mama Goose said...

I've pretty much been on a liquid diet this summer and I can't figure out why I've gained weight... What? Wine is just empty carbs? But grapes are good for you!!

I just tried yoga. It took me two weeks to get over the pain. Clearly I was doing something wrong...

Andrea said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, Chris! Some people would kill for your looks -- an extra 10 pound or not. I can't wait to hear about BlogHer '09, but I'm willing to bet that everyone you met was impressed, not only with your big beautiful eyes and pretty smile, but by your friendliness, wit, and joie de vivre. So there.

KC said...

I remember this post.

You looked fabulous.

Mind you, I have not exercised once since that freak Sat at Blogher. Not once. Not even a thought.

Ash said...

LOL! I've got 3 more weeks until both boys start some form of school - therefore, I'm "bulking up" - my effort to gain as much weight before I have to get back to the gym.

Don't ask me why I do that - last hurrah?!

Momma Hunt said...

I totally hear you. Every summer I struggle so much to loose weight or stay at my normal weight. I am a teacher so in the summer I am home and around food. I take aerobics two nights a week and walk at least a half hour every afternoon how I gain weight is beyond me. Well here is to a thinner fall!!!

S said...

I was doing so well until this weekend. I think I undid all my gains (or should I say losses?) this summer -- in under three days.

That takes talent.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs