Friday, July 24, 2009

Dad: Part III

It has come to my attention (see comment at Part I) that today is Friday, not Saturday. Normally the first day I'm not at work is Saturday, the second generally being Sunday. Clearly my temporal faux pas is excusable. Although it does explain the marked lack of neighbors out and about.

However, this presents, among other problems, a credibility issue with HRH and Gremlin. They are already questioning my command of this 'mommy gone' situation. Clearly this cannot stand. For example, I was recently correct in my explanation to HRH that I cannot empty the sink of dishes because there is no place to put them. The dishwasher is full of clean dishes. I will not mix dirty with clean. I was born at night kid, but not last night. He didn't seem to buy it. For his insolence I banished him from the house. (Nana will bring him back around 6 for pizza. See comment at Part II and thanks for the idea).

I will attempt to incorporate "the-day-after-tomorrow" into today's lexicon instead of the shortened 'tomorrow' when responding to inquiries of Christine's itinerary.

Let's see if they notice.

5 comments:

natasha the exile on Mom Street said...

I cannot imagine how my Huz would be holding up.

Thanks for sharing with us poor bloggers not fortunate enough to be at Blogher.

Sue said...

I'd offer to help, but then I'd be missing out on your hilarious blog posts. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

You have accomplished quite a lot. You have reassured me that I might be able to handle an overnight with my sister's three kids to give her & her hub and 10th anniversary present.

hmmmmm-----> nah. You've only got two to deal with.

Auntie Danni said...

Do I need to bring food? I really would rather that my nephews not starve to death. I know for a fact that you can survive on cereal and ham and cheese.

Manic Mommy said...

Loving the new expectation level for household cleanliness! Will certainly incorporate it when I blow back in from The Windy City!

(love you...)

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs