Last week, I joined AllMediocre in the interest of getting a little more traffic to my site (cause I need validation like that) and I'm always interested in reading blogs that might have something in common with mine. Since then, I've been having a good time linking around (cause I'm a bit of a blog slut like that) and reading new friends.
Tonight, I linked onto A Mom Two Boys (cause it sounds familiar) and was on post number 5 or 6 before I realized that it was Meghan who had actually founded All Mediocre (cause I'm sharp like that).
Meghan was tagged with a meme in which you have to answer each question with only one word. Her answers were cute and funny but what made them unusual was that she included a second set of answers expanding on her original single-word answer. I'm stealing both the meme and the extended mix version (cause I like to pay homage like that). I'm also adding A Mom Two Boys to my feeds (cause I like her style).
1. Where is your cell phone? Bag
2. Your significant other? Andy
3. Your hair? Curly
4. Your mother? Me
5. Your father? Dead
6. Your favorite thing? Sleep
7. Your dream last night? ??
8 Your favorite drink? Wine
9. Your dream/goal? Retirement
10. The room you’re in? Kitchen
11. Your hobby? Yoga
12. Your fear? Trouble
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Designing
14. What you’re not? Confident
15. Muffins? Eh
16. One of your wish list items? Bath
17. Where you grew up? Bostonish
18. The last thing you did? TV
19. What are you wearing? Shorts
20. Favorite Gadget? Cell
21. Your pets? Superfluous
22. Your computer? New!!
23. Your mood? Eh
24. Missing someone? Yeah
25. Your car? Hazmat
26. Something you’re not wearing? Shoes
27. Favorite store? Target
28. Like someone? Huz
29. Your favorite color? Green
30. When was the last time you laughed? 4:00-ish
31. Last time you cried? Years
Now the DJ-AM Extended Club Mix:
1. Where is your cell phone? In my purse. Mostly dead. I have to remember to charge it when I'm home because the majority of my car trips are too short to get a good charge.
2. Your significant other? Andy. Just called me into the living room to watch Princess Leah in chains
3. Your hair? Curly. I got it cut over a week ago but still haven't bothered to style it because it's been too humid. And humid + curly = frizz.
4. Your mother? Me. I know what I'm going to be 22 years from now. Always have.
5. Your father? Dead. I let that sleeping dog lie.
6. Your favorite thing? Sleep. Sad, but at this juncture, probably true.
7. Your dream last night? I dreamed a 3-year-old kept getting out of his bed and coming into mine. Oh...wait...
8 Your favorite drink? Wine or maybe Tea. No. Wine.
9. Your dream/goal? Retirement. Summer on the Cape. Winter in Naples, Fl. Freelancing if we want to. And as long as it doesn't interfere with travel or golf.
10. The room you’re in? Kitchen. Because I need to be sitting at a table or desk to type well.
11. Your hobby? Yoga. It goes with that whole mind/body/spirit thing I'm working on.
12. Your fear? Trouble. AKA something bad happening to my family.
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Designing. The plan is that after the boys are in school full time, I go back to Boston Architectural College to study interior design. It's good to be nearly 40 and finally figure out what you want to be when you grow up.
14. What you’re not? Confident. I'll let that one stand alone for now as well
15. Muffins? Eh. Brownies on the other hand...
16. One of your wish list items? Bath. As in Master. Whenever we talk about a new house, that is an absolute. The definition of true luxury.
17. Where you grew up? Bostonish. Basically, I've lived in two towns my whole life.
18. The last thing you did? TV. I love almost anything on HGTV. Tonight it was Curb Appeal and Hidden Potential. I can't be bothered to link them.
19. What are you wearing? Shorts. It's 9:46 and still 80 degrees outside. The kitchen temp is 74.7 in case you were interested.
20. Favorite Gadget? Cell phone. I don't know anyone's phone number, I just know their speed dial. I also keep my appointments in there, and take lots of pictures.
21. Your pets? Superfluous. Not true but I needed just one word. They were my practice babies. While we're on vacation, we're making my sister stay at my mother's house so Maddie doesn't need to go to a kennel because at 8 years old, my dog has never spent a single night by herself. I don't think she knows she's a dog and not a person.
22. Your computer? New!! The funny thing is I needed a laptop so I could blog anywhere yet somehow I always end up in the kitchen.
23. Your mood? Eh. I'm in kind of a weird place right now. The boys are kicking my ass and I'm having trouble getting back in the zone.
24. Missing someone? Yeah. My best friend, Chris. It's a long story.
25. Your car? Hazmat. Not only is it my car but it's the family car, too. Just today, I proposed we hang onto it for a boat hauler/winter vehicle for Andy because the trade in will be junk anyway. This will leave me free to get something that still works for the kids and us but has a little more style/better fuel economy. I'm thinking possibly a CR-V.
26. Something you’re not wearing? Shoes. Now it's 79.7 degrees outside
27. Favorite store? Target. Where else can you go to buy a printer ink cartridge, personal lubricant, and five pounds of almonds? Exactly.
28. Like someone? Huz. Andy and I have these 'dates' where we sit in the kitchen, drink wine, and talk. It's sort of nice after 8 years of marriage to still have something to say to one another.
29. Your favorite color? Green (like my cooking)
30. When was the last time you laughed? Earlier. When I came downstairs and found a naked RC coming in the back door stating "I just peed on the deck."
31. Last time you cried? Years. My mom calls us 'the frozen chosen.' Just keep pushing those emotions down, pushing them down.
And hey, look! I'm breaking with tradition and tagging JCK at Motherscribe (cause she's going to Blogher and I'm soooo envious) and Fran at Merlot Mom (cause she is too, dammit!).
14 Homemade Gifts for 4 Year Olds
6 hours ago