This meme has been floating around the blogisphere for a little while. I took up the gauntlet thrown down by Jenn over at Juggling Life. I don't know if she coined this particular phrasing but the use of the word behold makes me smile.
Behold, the rules:
- Pick fifteen of your favorite movies.
- Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
- Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
- Fill in the film title once it's guessed.
This part is for the reader
- No Googling or using IMDB search functions.
- Leave your answer(s) in the comments.
And away, we go:
- Will you have me, lady?
- No, my lord, unless I might have another for working days. Your grace is too costly to wear everyday. But I beseech your Grace to pardon me; for I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.
- Your silence most offends me, and to be merry best becomes you; for, out of question, you were born in a merry hour.
- No, sure, my lord, my mother cried; but then there was a star danced, and under that was I born...
Much Ado About Nothing (Andy and Manic Little Sister)
- How long was it we had, honey?
- I didn't count the days.
- Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out.
Casablanca (Karen at The More, the Messier)
- Y'know, this was supposed to be my weekend off, but noooo. You got me out here draggin' your heavy ass through the burnin' desert with your dreadlocks stickin' out the back of my parachute. You gotta come down here with an attitude, actin' all big and bad... and what the hell is that smell? I could've been at a barbecue! But I ain't mad.
Independence Day (Andy, Manic Little Sister, and Denise at real. life. ramblings.)
- That's it? Some faceless guy rips off all your clothes, and THAT'S the sex fantasy you've been having since you were twelve?
- Well sometimes I vary it a little.
- Which part?
- What I'm wearing.
When Harry Met Sally (Jen at Monkey Planet)
- It's out of control, and it's coming your way. You got about fifteen minutes. Now, they wanna try somethin'. They wanna blow those water tanks two floors above you. They think it might kill the fire.
- How're they gonna get the explosives up here?
- Oh, they'll find some dumb son of a bitch to bring it up.
The Towering Inferno (yeah, ~Denise! from real. life. ramblings. got the last one! Well played!)
- What do you know of my heart? What do you know of anything but your own suffering. For weeks, Marianne, I've had this pressing on me without being at liberty to speak of it to a single creature. It was forced on me by the very person whose prior claims ruined all my hope. I have endured her exultations again and again whilst knowing myself to be divided from Edward forever. Believe me, Marianne, had I not been bound to silence I could have provided proof enough of a broken heart, even for you.
Sense and Sensibility (Jen at Monkey Planet)
- You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.
- A hospital? What is it?
- It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.
Airplane (Jenn at Juggling Life)
- What are you talking about? How'd you figure that?
- I can add.
- Jack, they've got half the Ph.D.'s on the planet working on it.
- Houston says we're right on the money.
- And what if they had made a mistake, all right? And there was no way to reverse it, you think they would tell us? There's no reason for them to tell us!
- What do you mean they're not going to tell us? That's bullshit!
- All right, there's a thousand things that have to happen in order. We are on number eight. You're talking about number six hundred and ninety-two.
Apollo 13 (Jenn at Juggling Life)
- Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Auntie Jen - good second effort. Honorable Mention to JCK, our Motherscribe who identified her boyfriend, The Viggo)
- Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die.
The Princess Bride (Jenn at Juggling Life)
- Meanwhile, I struggled for exactly the right BB gun hint. It had to be firm, but subtle.
- Flick says he saw some grizzly bears near Pulaski's candy store!
- They looked at me as if I had lobsters crawling out of my ears.
A Christmas Story (Jenn at Juggling Life)
- Fellows, let's be reasonable, huh? This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half-assed autopsy on a fish... And I'm not going to stand here and see that thing cut open and see that little Kintner boy spill out all over the dock.
Jaws (Jenn at Juggling Life)
- You're a thief and a liar.
- I only lied about being a thief, I don't do that anymore.
- I'm with someone who doesn't have to make that kind of distinction.
Ocean's 11 (Kristi)
- We have pictures of you so-called mooners. And just because the pictures aren't of your faces doesn't mean we can't identify you. At this very moment those pictures are on their way to Washington where the FBI has experts in this type of identification. If you turn yourselves in now, you may escape a Federal charge.
Grease (Manic Little Sister)
- There I was, standing there in the church, and for the first time in my whole life I realised I totally and utterly loved one person. And it wasn't the person next to me in the veil. It's the person standing opposite me now... in the rain.
- Is it still raining? I hadn't noticed.
Four Weddings and a Funeral (Jen at Monkey Planet)
Like Jenn, I won't tag anyone but consider playing. The research alone is so much fun you'll want to go re-watch all your movies.
Only two more to go! Andy guessed them but didn't post a comment so they're still fair game. And my little sister was wrong and boy is she going to be pissed.