Friday, March 21, 2008

Manic Mommy's Greatest Misses

I have nothing to say. Truly. I've got stuff going on in my life but nothing that would either grab or hold your interest or make you smile, let alone laugh.

Sometimes, when I have an idea for a post, I'll start writing it with the idea of getting back to it at a later time. See? Just then? I made myself laugh. Get back to it! Hah! I'll also take pictures that may or may not make into a post.

Behold, the detritus of my mind and hard drive:

1. Most of a How To post concerning securing an uncooperative two-year-old into a car seat. I can only assume it's unfinished because I have yet to master this skill in a reasonable amount of time.

















2. An ode to my next car.




3. My friend, Joe's startling resemblence to Kevin Youklis:





























4. A post on what Halloween costumes say about you and/or your child. Costumes actually found online included:
- Robert E. Lee
- Temper Tantrum
- Doodlebops
- 'Big Daddy' pimp-type costume (with my own caption of Low Expectations)


5. The importance of preparedness when spending 10 hours tailgating outside a Jimmy Buffett concert.

6. Toy Time Out. A (now missing) picture of the top of my cabinet, where toys end up when they are used as weapons. A waystation to the trash.(This one is way lame but I needed to make 10 - and yes, there were even lamer ones.)

7. A Christmas Song review featuring scores for Christmasy-ness on the "Claus-o-meter." Example: Merry Christmas Darling by Karen Carpenter rated an 8.

8. Apparently, I was making soup.














9. A lament of RC's continued pattern of destructive and reckless behavior (why do I think I'll still be writing about this 10 years from now?)

10. A list of top 10 high school/teen years songs. Heavy emphasis on Duran Duran, Adam Ant, and Journey.

9 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Thanks for the look into your blog's junk drawer, as it were!

And I'm craving me a Honda Pilot also.

Jennifer S said...

You've got far more ideas in your reserve than I do.

I'm envious!

Jen said...

"Sometimes nothing can be a really cool hand."

Phantom Reviewer said...

I had a toy time out too! Such memories :)

~Swankymama said...

A post on #10 would be fun! That brings back memories....

I jot down ideas on my phone's notepad when I'm out and think of things to post. You should see the long list of things I never post/finish.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

And a delicious looking soup it was!

cactus petunia said...

So true! And, eerily enough, I was thinking along those very same lines yesterday, too. You've inspired me to dredge up some of my own misplaced ideas to work on again! (I'm dreaming of losing the minivan for a Honda CRV)

JCK said...

Too funny. I write down blog posts ideas on little post-its. Sometimes I use them, but often I'll find them months later. Loved this take and SEE you got them all in here!

Stimey said...

I too have a bunch of drafts rolling around in my account. One of them was a blow by blow account of the time it took me 22 minutes to get a soda from a McDonald's drive-thru. I'm glad sanity prevailed and I didn't publish it.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs