Monday, December 14, 2009

Stranger Than Fiction

Sarah at Slouching Past 40 challenged her readers to write a story in 100 words. This is my submission and my true story:


It was a Sunday night and she’d opted not to stay at her fiancĂ©’s house but head back to her place to start off the week.

She couldn’t put her finger on it, the house simply “felt funny.” Still, she saw nothing unusual in the semi-darkness. Flipping lights as she went, she walked toward the bedroom.

As she reached for the closet door, he stepped out.

“Please don’t,” he asked as she backed away, reaching for the phone. For a moment she almost stopped. If he just left, it would be okay.

Then, “No. Never again.” She dialed the police.

12 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

Creepy! Nice job :)

Ash said...

More please.

Life As I Know It said...

well done!

Otter Thomas said...

Very creepy. Well done.

S said...

Wow. That must have been so frightening.

Nicely done!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Oh my. Any chance we could get the more than 100 words version?!

{sue} said...

Oooh, I've been waiting for this!!!

Ms. Skywalker said...

Wow...speechless.

Anonymous said...

Well spoken. Fierce in its brevity, too.

Suburban Scream said...

Wow. I'd love to hear the rest of the story, too.

Jason, as himself said...

Oooooo, I need part two. You should write novels!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

What?! I mean - I'm impressed by the 100 words and all that, but I want to know what happened!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs