Sally Albright: Which one am I?
Harry Burns: You're the worst kind; you're high maintenance but you think you're low maintenance.
Sally Albright: I don't see that.
Andy drives a 2005 Saab 93. He picked it up, brand-spanking-new, the day Gremlin was born. After Gremlin was born (we'll talk later). It's already got over 100,000 miles on it thanks to his 110-mile-a-day commute. It's never been in an accident but it's had the windshield replaced, the little Saab medallions on the hood and trunk have lost their paint, we need to get yet another set of tires, and it seems to go through headlights at at unusually high rate. Now, it's got some issue with the front struts, which is going to be pricey. It still looks pretty good and it drives like the wind.
The thing is? In these past
- I still need to lose those last
- I was trying to decide whether I was in more dire need of a hair cut or color. The answer was both.
- My eyebrows were about to connect with my eyelashes.
- Doing my makeup used to entail a little eyeliner and mascara. It now involves both concealer as well as foundation before we even get to the actual "make up" portion.
- I won't delve too deep into specifics but lets just say there's tweezing and plucking over which I must keep strict vigilance.
ShortsCapri season is over so leg-shaving is definitely taking a back seat. Sexxay.
- My nails are snapping off at an alarming rate due to my obsessive compulsive hand washing.
Is it time to trade in for a newer model? Nah. Do I still clean up pretty well? Sure. But damn. All this maintenance is time-consuming and costly. Just like driving the Saab.
How are you holding up?