Monday, August 17, 2009

By the Wayside

Things you gave up:

Preemie clothes
0-3 months
6-9 months
12 months
2T
3T
4T
(All Ts)
3:00 am feedings
Baby Food
Baby gates
Baby talk
Being burped
Booster seat
Bottles
Bouncy seat
Breastfeeding
Burp cloths
Co-sleeping (most of the time)
Cradle
Crawling
Crib
Diapers
Diaper bag
Eating spaghetti with your hands (most of the time)
Elmo
Exersaucer
Feety pajamas
Glider in your room
Gymini
High chair
Infant car seat
Infant Tylenol
Mashed bananas
Naps (oh...naps)
Onesies
Pack n play
Peek a boo
Pluggies*
Pull ups
Receiving blankets
Reflux
Rice cereal
Riding backward
Teething
Toddler bed
Tummy time
Screeching when you see the cat
Snaps on your pant legs


But always my babies...

What don't your babies do anymore?

13 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Sleep at home. I've almost got an empty nest and they still have 2 and 3 years before college!

anya said...

Aww....makes me sad!

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

This makes me smile and cry at the same time.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Oh - so bittersweet!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Stay where I put them. I miss those pre-mobile days...

Momma Hunt said...

I would have to say nothing, we just found out that we are expecting our second so I guess although I gave up a lot with my first now that he is over two, I think I am going to be getting all that stuff again!

Mama Goose said...

Awwww. I'm sporting an all too knowing smile and a tear in my eye...

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I really like this list. I miss Sesame Street and snuggling with my Tukey in the a.m. watching Curious George. And they're starting to not need me so much, and that is painful.

Unknown said...

Ami turns 4 the 30th... and you have succeeded in making me cry. But also smile at so many wonderful memories. TY

merlotmom said...

Give me big wet kisses and why'd ya go and make me feel bad? What did I ever do to you?

Sarahviz said...

I love this!

Funnyrunner said...

very cool idea. I REALLY miss having my boys sit on my lap on the rocking chair while I read them a bedtime story. :'(

anymommy said...

Sob. There needs to be some kind of warning for things like this.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs