Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Overrated Pleasures

Now if I could just get Matt Damon to star in my sequel.

Really Expensive Purses
I am one of the most pretentious people I know so how the need for a fantastic bag has eluded me, eludes me. I just can't see the point in spending $600.00 for a Coach bag. Now if I got it on a great sale, that'd be different. That being said, when my MIL brought back my Longchamp purse from her trip to Paris, I loooved showing it off.

HDTV
When our TV dies, I know what we're getting but for the most part, I'm not impressed. My brother's got a nice one and the best thing he could say was that you could really see how good-looking the waitresses are at the Rogers Center, when the Red Sox play the Toronto Blue Jays.

Black Friday Sales
I actually saw and ad for a store that was opening at 4:00 am the day after Thanksgiving. My sister was one of those lunatics out there. She was showing me a new winter coat she bought for my niece for 60% off. I bought HRH a winter jacket at the same store for 50% off a few weeks ago - in the middle of the afternoon.

Facials
Eh. I can take 'em or leave 'em. Having a stranger squeeze invisible blackheads until my eyes water is not my idea of pampering. Also, when they blow that steam in your face, I get claustrphobic. I'd take a massage or a pedicure over one any day of the week.

Food Network
I come from a long line of chefs. I never thought much of Italian restaurants growing up because my dad's cooking surpassed the stuff they served. My brother actually cooks to relax. I appreciate good food but I cook because we have to eat. I don't enjoy it. And I certainly don't feel the need to watch someone else make it.

BBC Britcoms
Just because you don't get the joke doesn't make it clever. Sometimes they are, sometimes they're not.

Matthew McConaughey
I'll say it: I bought People's Sexiest Man Alive issue and read it cover to cover. Some I agree with completely (George Clooney). Some I don't agree with at all (Benicio Del Toro) but some just don't do it for me. Matthew McConaughey is one of them. He was so hot in A Time to Kill but I think that had more to do with his brainy-family-man-trying-to-do-the-right-thing character. And yeah, he's got an amazing body. But boy does he come across like a dufus.

**********
Shout out to bubandpie who provided the inspiration for both Underrated and Overrated Pleasures.
**********

4 comments:

CP ~The Day Fobbit said...

YAY! Another blog to read!

Now I have to figure out just how to "save" you guys so I can find you again!!!

Thanks for the comment...and the advice. I took it and made the change.

I'll be lurking....

Bea said...

I loved the Food Network right up until the first trimester of my first pregnancy. Then it just made me nauseous - and I somehow never got back into the habit of watching.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure we came from the same uterus????

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you on the Black Friday Sales, HDTV, and Matthew McC.

However, I have a different response to Benicio, the Food Network, and BBC - I would love to see a BBC sitcom/food show starring Benicio Del Toro!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs