Saturday, October 31, 2009

Clockwork Gremlin

Scene:
HRH: Snuggled up to Mommy in the pre-dawn darkness. Ready to chat.

Manic Mommy: Shoved to the middle of the bed, head sandwiched between two pillows like she's strapped to a back board.

The Daddy: On his side, facing away, playing possum.

HRH: Mom?

MM: Hmmmm?

HRH: Sometimes, I go into Gremlin's room in the morning and try to wake him up by pulling his eyelids open.

MM: And does that wake him up?

HRH: No, he just closes them back to sleep.

MM: How 'bout you don't do that anymore, mmkay?


Think I'm gonna let it slide next time
I catch Gremlin messing with HRH.

8 comments:

Stimey said...

You pulled me in with your title, and you didn't disappoint. Everything about this post is hilarious from the (accurate) description of morning bed politics to the sibling torture. Awesome!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Even HRH knows . . . confession is good for the soul.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

When I used to work and had to get the kids up for the commute, I'd let the twins to whatever they wanted to Oliver. Eye poking...belly flops from the end of the bed onto his back...screaming in his face... Poor thing.

The Redhead Riter said...

Double, double toil and trouble;
fire burn and cauldron bubble.
~ Shakespeare "Macbeth"~

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Little stinker...

Kristen said...

somehow I couldn't see past your personal torture of being captive in the middle with the CHATCHATCHAT. The two of them will iron their crap out on their own.

Anna said...

I used to do that to my mother (I mean the eyelid thing), it must have been really annoying.

West Covina Window Shutters said...

Appreciate your blog posst

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs