Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten Tidbits

Damn you Anymommy! How about nearly showing up late for my son's first day of Kindergarten because I was so caught up in your garage trials and tribulations?

Scene: Leaving new school schoolyard. MM holding a barefoot RC in her arms, crocs in hand.

MM to HRH: Did you have a good day, Buddy?

HRH: The best! Did you know we have a basketball court, and a library and a food court?

MM: A foot court?

HRH: No, Mom a food court. You know, where we'll eat lunch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scene: An hour or so later. Daddy calls for update. MM puts him on speaker.

Daddy: Hey, Buddy! How'd Kindergarten go?

HRH: Great! I loved it!

Daddy: What'd you do?

HRH: Well, I got three timeouts.

MM/Daddy: Wha????

MM: What happened, HRH?

HRH: It's too difficult to explain.

I'll point to this post to help illustrate the reasoning behind our total shock. HRH is an in-the-box kind of guy. He likes the box. When K-A and K-B were told to line up to go into school, HRH got in line.

After subtle, thoughtful prodding (involving a 90 watt bulb and promises of a puppy), Andy and I were able to glean that HRH was actually reminded that he needs to raise his hand before asking a question and to stop speaking when his teacher was reading a story.

Tomorrow? Day 2.

4 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

So he's not on the road to hoodlumism?

Manic Little Sister said...

Weeee! All my nieces and nephews are in school now! And curiously enough, both sisters seem just a little more sane...

Kate said...

I'm loving "It's too difficult to explain." Too cute!

anymommy said...

Oh no! I cringed when I read your email about being late. If it makes you feel any better, I run perpetually fifteen minutes late and I have to say that sometimes it's the kids, but often I'm just peeking at one more blog, just one more. It's a sickness, but a fun one.

I'm glad he had so much fun his first day.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs