Over at SuperSisters Jen (sister of my friend, Kristen) wrote the best post and invited us all to play along. I'd love to hear what you've learned.
1. Even if they've been quietly entertaining themselves for a hour, the second you pick up the phone, they will need you.
2. No matter how much healthy food you fed them as infants, they will not willingly eat it as preschoolers.
3. You can survive on far less sleep than you ever realized.
4. Classic Disney movies really are as good as you remember them being.
5. You really will love the second child just as much as the first - only differently.
6. It's extremely important to talk about parenting styles prior to getting married.
7. You can sleep in any position if you're tired enough.
8. You are your child's biggest advocate. Never fear being "that mother."
9. Legos are probably the greatest toy ever invented.
10. Mommy kisses really do make boo-boos better.
11. No matter what the weirdest thing you've ever done or said, another mom has done or said it, too.
12. Time away from your children makes you a better parent.
13. If you're stressing out about being a good enough parent, you are.
14. You will say and do things as a parent you swore you never would.
15. Most every disgusting thing they do contributes to healthy immune system.
16. Boys can make guns out of anything - Tinker Toys, tree branches, food...
17. Toy guns won't make them serial killers any more than toy kitchens will make them gay*. They are who they are. Love them because of it, not in spite of it.
*no, I don't put the two in the same category
18. Kids like seeing their parents hug.
19. Time with a coloring book and crayons is very therapeutic.
20. You can never be too vigilant around water.
21. No matter how vigilant we are, sometimes, it's just luck and grace that keeps them safe.
22. It's my job to stay healthy and well. I am very, very important to my children.
23. Loving and liking your spouse provides your children with more of a sense of security than anything money could buy.
24. You have more patience than you ever knew.
25. Boys are just wired differently than girls.