Monday, June 22, 2009

55 Miles. Each Way.

Signs your husband needs a shorter commute.

Actual conversation at our house:

Andy: Today, on the drive home, I pretended I was The Transporter.

Christine: Like the movie?

A: (smiles) Yeah...

C: So you were driving like a maniac.

A: No. I was just driving normally.

C: Were you pretending you had someone in the trunk?

A: Nah. I was just The Transporter if he was just going somewhere regular.

C: Like Starbucks?

A: But I could have turned it on at any minute and none of those other idiots on the road knew it...

C: What else do you do when you're driving?


Editors Note: I changed the date on this post to give it a second go. It was previously posted last week, the morning of 'the event.'

8 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You're lucky that's the only trouble he gets into in a 110 miles each day. That's rough.

Life As I Know It said...

THAT is funny! Yeah, time for a shorter commute - that is a lot of alone time in the car!

Jennifer Suarez said...

LOL that is a hilarious conversation!

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

This is my favorite part of the conversation:

Nah. I was just The Transporter if he was just going somewhere regular.

I would like my commute better if I pretended I was in a car with Jason Statham.

Funnyrunner said...

My husband would kill me if I blogged about him.... lol

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I was wondering if you might be willing to mention my raffle/fundraiser. I would NOT ask if it wasn't for a great cause. Plus, there are over 90 donated prizes to win totaling over $3000.00! And who doesn't like to win??

It's really a win-win for everyone. People get to help me meet my fundraising goal AND potentionally win big.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE clickover and enter my raffle!! You can truly win TONS OF PRIZES (totaling over $3000.00 - gift cards, Starbucks coffee maker, $600 in camping equipment, gorgeous jewelry and more).

It's for a great cause….

http://www.firstgiving.com/hallietwomey

6 years ago my Dad received a new heart.

This is my way of giving back.
Hallie
http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com/

Sue @ My Party of 6 said...

Wow, that is a long commute. I think he needs a kid with him to keep him company in the car for that long. I bet it's far too quiet.

Jason, as himself said...

Awesome! Talk about a vivid imagination. Sometimes I pretend like I'm Superman saving the day when I'm sitting in my chaise watching CSI while drinking red wine.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs