Friday, December 2, 2011

How the Letch Stole Christmas

She couldn’t believe that she’d actually agreed to have a drink with him – and at his house no less!I really can't stay - Baby it's cold outside
I've got to go away - Baby it's cold outside


She’d given in to the holiday spirit and now, here she was in this terrible weather, looking for a way to escape.This evening has been - Been hoping that you'd drop in
So very nice - I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice

She thought to herself, “I’ll use the old parents excuse.”My mother will start to worry - Beautiful, what's your hurry
My father will be pacing the floor - Listen to the fireplace roar
So really I'd better scurry - Beautiful, please don't hurry

He was already so far gone that she figured one more drink would send him over the edge and she could run.Well Maybe just a half a drink more - Put some music on while I pour

She was beginning to wonder if anyone would hear her screams, should it come to that. The neighbors might think - Baby, it's bad out there
She was beginning to feel the effects of something more than two glasses of “eggnog”Say, what's in this drink - No cabs to be had out there

She could feel the waves crash over her, pulling her underI wish I knew how - Your eyes are like starlight now
To break this spell - I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell
I ought to say no, no, no, sir - Mind if I move a little closer
At least I'm gonna say that I tried - What's the sense in hurting my pride
I really can't stay - Baby don't hold out
Ahh, but it's cold outside

C'mon baby


Before the euphoria fully envelops her, she puts it as plainly as possible:I simply must go - Baby, it's cold outside
The answer is no - Ooh baby, it's cold outside


But tries not to awaken the beast that lurks inside
This welcome has been - I'm lucky that you dropped in
So nice and warm -- Look out the window at that storm


She thinks; let him think that someone will be looking for herMy sister will be suspicious - Man, your lips look so delicious

No, someone who could take himMy brother will be there at the door - Waves upon a tropical shore
She casts about for something that will help her.My maiden aunt's mind is vicious - Gosh your lips look delicious

She reaches into her pocket and presses the panic button of the cell phoneWell maybe just a half a drink more - Never such a blizzard before
I've got to go home - Oh, baby, you'll freeze out there


She searches for some kind of weaponSay, lend me your comb - It's up to your knees out there

She hears the sirens in the distanceYou've really been grand - Your eyes are like starlight now

Keep him talking…But don't you see - How can you do this thing to me
There's bound to be talk tomorrow - Making my life long sorrow
At least there will be plenty implied - If you caught pneumonia and died


Yes, the sirens are definitely headed this way.I really can't stay - Get over that old out
Ahh, but it's cold outside
Baby it's cold outside
Brr its cold...It's cold out there
Can’t you stay awhile longer baby


She just needs to hold on for a few more seconds
Well... I really shouldn't... alright
Make it worth your while baby
Ahh, do that again...


Police! Hands in the air!

3 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

This made SO much more sense now that I've been on Facebook! I was feeling pretty obtuse.

Stimey said...

This is super chilling.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Dude. I never really listened to the words. And now I'm never going to be able to listen to that song again.

Merry Creepy Christmas.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs