Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Another One For The Gremlin Files

While many things have occurred over the months that made me want to put pen to paper (fingers to keys?), this was the first that truly begged to be shared...

About a week ago, Andy followed Gremlin into the bathroom first thing in the morning and found a small puddle.  Upon discussion, Grem verified that he'd waited too long and hadn't had enough time to get everything working in the right order.  We remembered allowing him to drink about a half gallon of apple juice at bedtime and pretty much blamed ourselves.  A day or so later, I noticed there was still a faint pee smell in the bathroom so I pulled up the bath mat, changed out all the towels, wiped things down (see? motherhood = glamour!), the usual. 

Mothers of boys, you know this is certainly not the first time one of the men in my life had missed the bowl, however, this odor wouldn't go away.  I remembered an old boyfriend's mom telling me a funny, exasperated story about having to twice replace the baseboard heat next to the toilet in her downstairs bathroom after her four sons had rusted them through.

I started to worry that the liquid had seeped into the bead board on the wall behind the toilet or the wood of the vanity located next to it.  Wonderful.  I was going to have to replace my six year old bathroom because my six year old child urinated all over it.  Coincidence?  I think not.

As it turns out, I don't have to replace my bathroom.  I may replace my younger child.  Again, lucky Andy went into the bathroom after Gremlin and again discovered a small puddle.  Being (sick of hearing me complain) a model husband, he took it upon himself to clean up the puddle and cover half the bathroom in scrubbing bubbles.  As he moved the toilet brush and holder from the corner behind the toilet, he noted that there was a liquid level in the little cup/toilet brush holder thingy. 

Quite the opposite of missing, Gremlin has apparently been perfecting his aim by peeing into the toilet brush holder! Is there no freaking end to this boy's disgustingness??

After things were explained to me and Andy had gently chided Gremlin, I stepped in, a little less calm.  My son, the king of plausible deniability didn't say one word as I shrieked at him "Why would you do such a thing??  What were you thinking???"  On and on I went, ending with "and if you EVER pee anywhere but in a toilet again, I'll make sure you wear diapers until you're 40!"

The bathroom has been sterilized, the offending receptacle has been recycled (what would you have done with it??) and a new brush has been purchased.  As I pulled it from the Target bag, I showed it to Gremlin, with this parting shot: "Could you do me a favor and not pee in this one?".

12 comments:

Cathy said...

Welcome to motherhood... ugh. We had a house guest..... who used our trash can located next to the toilet rather than the toilet... I was a little less than pleased.

Kristen said...

Mase was trying to pee in a tealight candle holder the other day. He's 2. And not potty trained. I understand none of this.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

My boys actually always made the toilet--but I do remember a neighborhood party where another little boy (4) decided to spray it all over my son. Yuck.

Jason, as himself said...

I'm so glad you didn't have to replace your beadboard!

I'm just here to say that girls can be messy too.

Paula said...

Boys are disgusting aren't they? I remember one of mine peeing into an empty diaper wipes container. In his room. At least Gremlin used a receptacle in the appropriate room. What are they thinking??

G said...

Been there, done that. Pal was too lazy to leave the computer room so he peed in the trash barrel. I found it days later. Lovely.

It could be worse, my two nephews who are 6 & 7 like to pee. on. each. other. Disgusting doesn't begin to describe that.

{sue} said...

Oh boys.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Note to self: no wood flooring in bathrooms. Check.

Stimey said...

Nice. It's probably just a matter of time before this happens to us. At least I will have been warned.

Stephanie said...

LOL Oh my goodness, thanks for the giggle. Glad you figured out what was going on!

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

Boys and pee...I think it's a sport for them. My little boy and our neighbor's son had peeing contests in the yard to see who could water the farthest flowers. I wasn't necessarily surprised by the game just grateful it was an outside game.

KC said...

Dude. Boy1 has been peeing all over himself at night which means mommy prying herself out of bed in between baby feedings to peel off the drenched clothes- ew!

Getting ollllld.

Me no like boy pee issues.

Peeing in the toilet brush cup... that's a creative one you have there.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs