Thursday, November 4, 2010

Just So We're Clear


If I hear "what the American people want" one more time, I'm going to...insert hyperbole/expletive here

Just so we're clear, I thought I'd let you know what this American wants:
  • I want my husband to have a job lined up when his expires at the end of this month.
  • I want our savings to be savings, not living expenses.
  • I want to be able to refinance our education loans to a reasonable interest rate so we're able to pay them off before we retire.
  • I want you to pass legislation that encourages jobs and growth.
  • I want you to pass legislation that takes care of those in need, and weans those in want.
  • I want you to be nice.
  • I want you to remember that although it's only natural to believe that your idea is the best idea, it's not the only idea.
  • I want you to listen when others talk.
  • I want you to to respect your office and the offices of others.
  • I want you to act in the best interest of the country, not just your state, or your constituents.
  • The only time I want you to use "us" and "them" is when referring to "Americans" and "Terrorists".
  • I want you to remember you're there because a majority of us put you there.
  • I want you to remember that your job is not to keep your job or to ensure that someone else doesn't keep his.
That's our job.

I know you've got a lot on your plates so thank you for listening.  Carry on.

10 comments:

Ash said...

LOVE the us vs them one. Totally.

Excellent list, my dear. Excellent.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

From your mouth to Congress's ears.

Msb said...

"... and weans those in want."
Beautifully stated.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Darn tootin.

Life As I Know It said...

I want your wish list to come true :)

Otter Thomas said...

I think you speak for a lot of us. Good list. My prayer is that they would do their jobs based on what's best for the country not what's best for their bank account or their power status.

JCK said...

Oh, I hope they are listening.

Unknown said...

I want so many of those things too. Great list!

anymommy said...

May this wish list come true.

Melissa said...

LOVE THIS:
"I want you to pass legislation that takes care of those in need, and weans those in want."

That just sums it up!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs