If I hear "what the American people want" one more time, I'm going to...insert hyperbole/expletive here
Just so we're clear, I thought I'd let you know what this American wants:
- I want my husband to have a job lined up when his expires at the end of this month.
- I want our savings to be savings, not living expenses.
- I want to be able to refinance our education loans to a reasonable interest rate so we're able to pay them off before we retire.
- I want you to pass legislation that encourages jobs and growth.
- I want you to pass legislation that takes care of those in need, and weans those in want.
- I want you to be nice.
- I want you to remember that although it's only natural to believe that your idea is the best idea, it's not the only idea.
- I want you to listen when others talk.
- I want you to to respect your office and the offices of others.
- I want you to act in the best interest of the country, not just your state, or your constituents.
- The only time I want you to use "us" and "them" is when referring to "Americans" and "Terrorists".
- I want you to remember you're there because a majority of us put you there.
- I want you to remember that your job is not to keep your job or to ensure that someone else doesn't keep his.
I know you've got a lot on your plates so thank you for listening. Carry on.